A £250 non-refundable deposit is required at time of booking.
The full balance should be paid 6 weeks prior to first day of hire.
If booking is made within 6 weeks of first day of hire the full balance is due.
If we do not receive the balance of the hire by the due date we reserve the right to cancel your booking and retain your deposit.
Price quoted includes:
Fully comprehensive insurance for named drivers aged between 25 – 75 (Please see Insurance section for excess charges)
All cooking equipment including crockery, cutlery & tea towels.
There will be a security deposit of £800 payable at time of collection of vehicle.
This covers the excess on our insurance policy and/or any damage, breakages or any costs incurred as a result of your use. This will be refunded in full provided there are no issues upon return.
Fully comprehensive insurance in provided to the named drivers.
The excess on the insurance is £500 and in the event of any damage to either the vehicle or third party property that involves an insurance claim the hirer will be liable for the first £500 or the full amount if it is less which will be deducted from your security deposit..
£500 excess applies to each and every claim
Insurance does not cover the cost of replacement windows or tyre damage which the hirer is responsible for.
We will supply full breakdown cover.
Any charges incurred by the hirer due to operator error will be the responsibility of the hirer.
Personal possessions are not covered under the insurance and we recommend you take out insurance to cover these.
All drivers must:
- Be aged between 25– 75 years of age.
- Provide Two forms of ID shall be obtained i.e. Utility Bill (no more than 90 days old) plus your photo Driving Licence.
2 Proof of address required that must match driving licence and be dated within 90 days of hire.
- 1 must be bank statement or credit card statement.
- 1 must be Utility bill ie Gas, Elec, Council Tax or Landline
- Have held a valid UK licence for at least 24 months
- Have not been convicted of an offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/or have had their driving licence endorsed or suspended or more than 6 penalty points imposed. “Spent” convictions, covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 may be disregarded.
- Drivers can have up to 6 points on their licence, providing they are two minor offences.
- If you have more than 3 penalty points please make us aware as we have to contact the insurance.
- Have not had more than 1 accident in the past 3 years
- Drivers can have no more than one fault or non-fault claim within a 5 year period.
- Have not had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claims experience and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled by any Motor Insurer.
- Have not engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or professional sports persons. Jockeys and persons connected with racing gaming industry or press of any sort, not be undergraduates and/or students under 25 years of age.
- There is a £20.00 admin charge for each additional driver.
DOCUMENTATION WE RETAIN FROM EACH DRIVER:
- Copy of the photo card drivers’ licence (Address & ID must be up to date)
- Online licence check – https://www.viewdrivingrecord.service.gov.uk/driving-record/licence-number
- Provide us with a DVLA check code: gov.co.uk/view-driving-licence
- Two forms of proof of address (Address must match the drivers licence)
- Cleared a traceable security deposit (BACS, Credit/Debit Card, PayPal, etc)
- Signed Rental Agreement
The following documentation is acceptable for proof of address alongside One Utility Bill/Statement: (must be dated within 90 days of the hire date)
- Council tax bill/statement
- TV/internet/landline telephone bill (including Sky/Virgin/BT etc)
- Bank or Card statement
- Credit card bill
- Mortgage statement
In event of cancellation by the hirer the following charges will be incurred:
More than 6 weeks before hire date full amount less deposit will be refunded.
Less than 6 weeks before hire date and all money paid is non-refundable.
We cannot accept responsibility or pay compensation if we have to cancel your hire due to events beyond our control. We will however offer a choice of an alternative vehicle or if no suitable replacement is available, we will provide a full refund.
The hirer shall ensure that:
All reasonable care is taken when parking the vehicle.
No unauthorised drivers will be allowed to drive.
The vehicle is locked & secure at all times when not in use.
The vehicle keys are kept safe and not left in the vehicle unattended.
The fuel tank is filled with the correct fuel.
The vehicle is not driven on any prohibited roads.
The vehicle is not driven by named drivers under the influence of alcohol, drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by law.
No pets are permitted in the motor-home.
Small to Medium dogs are allowed in our camper van but will incur a £30 cleaning charge.
No smoking is permitted in the vehicle. These are in consideration for future hirers. Any cleaning costs due to pets or smoking will be incurred by the hirer and will result in security deposit being retained.
COLLECTIONS AND RETURNS
Vehicles are ready for collection from 2.00pm to 5.00pm
Vehicles must be returned by 10.00am
Vehicle must be returned in the same clean condition as it was picked up otherwise a charge will be made and will result in part/all security deposit being retained.
Vehicle toilet cassette must be emptied & cleaned before return or will result in a charge.
A full tank of fuel is suppled and must be returned with the same. If not, there will be a charge & part of the security deposit will be retained.
A late return (if not agreed beforehand) must be advised immediately and an
Additional charge will be incurred. Failure to do so may result in prosecution for driving whilst uninsured.
Collection & Returns to our local airports are available at an additional cost.
Aberdeen Airport – £120.00
Inverness Airport – £80.00